Monday, July 11, 2011

Betty Homemaker...

I should be in Aruba right now.

Why do I say this? Because my family is in Aruba, I was supposed to go, and instead I'm house-sitting. Granted, I willingly bowed out of the vacation so I could work and enjoy some alone-time (which I haven't been able to get since the Residence Halls closed...). So while I could be on a beautiful sandy beach enjoying equatorial weather... I'm playing Betty Homemaker here at the house when I'm not working. Maybe my grandma will bring me back something cool? Either way, I've been cleaning or napping, much like a cat, at random points during the day. I think I've caught up on a lot of the sleep I missed this past semester and couldn't get caught up on.

So, despite my theoretical tan being in jeopardy, I feel more relaxed than I've been able to feel in a long time, and I think that this has been a good mini-vacation for myself this weekend.

I think I'm going to make cookies for the family for when they get home. A clean house and a batch of cookies? I think those are two of the most awesome things to come home to after a long week out of the country... and on beaches... parasailing... why didn't I go on this trip again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment