Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break!

Spring Break is supposed to be a vacation...right? Well, this break is a break from classes and an opportunity to be thrust right into homework for after break... *sigh*

Either way! I've been fairly productive! More productive than I would be if I had classes and rehearsal every day.

Here's the list of things I wanted to accomplish by the end of break!


  • Apply for Passport
  • Get Car Inspected
  • File Taxes
  • Go to my Doctor's appointment, FINALLY
  • File FAFSA
  • Get Car the once over at the shop
  • Second Interview in Westford
  • Figure out tech week class conflicts
  • Read first 6 chapters of Bridging the Gap
  • Read Experience and Education (Dewey Book) - Started.
  • Catch up on blog posts and discussions for Seminar
  • Timeline and transcription of All Along the Watchtower
  • Find the Context of Berlioz score and start analyzing for presentation
  • Send out education outreach emails to local schools for RENT
  • Write a large majority of the Program for RENT
  • Get costume pieces from Storage unit
  • Work on Lines and blocking for opera/Get off-book
So you can see from what's highlighted in red that I've been very productive, just not as productive as I would have liked to have been by this point in the week. I'm hoping to get through a LOT more work tomorrow... I miss when vacation was vacation. The last two weeks burnt me out so much I couldn't even start doing my homework right away, because I kept falling asleep and taking naps, just to let my brain recharge... I can't wait until life settles down a little. I've always been a fast-paced person, but this is getting ridiculous.

My doctor told me I needed to make more time to relax because I didn't want to be one of those Type A, constantly stressed people who has a heart attack at age 27. She's right. I'm going to try to do a yoga video once a day to de-stress and focus. Hopefully it helps.

I also, once I'm caught up for good on my schoolwork, want to spend at least ten minutes a day writing. I keep saying I miss writing, and I am not kidding. It will happen, I just need to keep reminding myself to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment